turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TheC

WMR Bars disappeared. Is this bad?

Hello! We filed our taxes 3/4 accepted the same day. Today when I checked the status is gave me this message:Refund Status Results

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

Please Note:

For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

We are overseas, calling the states is expensive and hard. I called yesterday and they told me to call after Sunday which wpuld be the 21st day after being accepted.  I'm just really concerned,  if there's something wrong why can't we know right away to make the correction? Btw no letters as of yesterday 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

No, this is not bad, it is completely normal while the IRS is processing your return. The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted. If there is anything needed or if your return is rejected, you will be notified. As of right now, from what you show above this is all normal processing. There are some things I have listed below that can account for longer processing time by the IRS.

The IRS updates every 24 hours so keep an eye on your status, you should see an update soon.

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times. (EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit)

Other things that can delay your refund include but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets;
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information;
  • Identity fraud;
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process.

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

You can find additional information on the IRS website (refund faq's) here - https://bit.ly/2kcmOfT

TheC

It's been over 21 days though. I'm so confused and finding different answers.  Some say error on return, some say review.  I am getting tax topic 152 under it which is basic refund info.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have claimed EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit (PATH Act requirements) this would be the reason you have code 152, which is taking longer than 21 days for the IRS to review.
TheC

@TurboTaxCassandraLO ohhhhh we do have a child so this could definitely be why. I inmiditly thought the worst
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Ok, yes you are fine this is completely normal.
TheC

So far No updates, no letter. Still no bars and says it's still being processed
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Everyone is experiencing long processing time from the IRS, if they claimed EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit. Next step will be for the government to Approve and send your refund.
TheC

Okay @TurboTaxCassandraLO all we can do is be patient, i just get worried heard to many horror stories lol
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I completely understand!
TheC

@TurboTaxCassandraLO thank you 🙂 i will be keeping this updated for other people in the same situation
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Your welcome ( :
TheC

Hi! So wanted to uodate here just in case somekne else it's in our same situation. Today is day 30 since our return was accepted I just called the irs and they told me it was pulled for a "regular" review that it has no error codes and that no correspondence has been sent. That the review is up May 23rd...... we shall see
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies