Your State tax return most likely says incomplete due to many state forms not yet being available, so you have to wait until they are ready. Also, In order to e-file your State tax return you have to have already e-filed your Federal tax return and have it accepted before it will allow you to e-file your State return. Please see the state forms availability table below to see if all your State tax forms are ready:
Once your state forms are ready, you have e-filed your Federal tax return and it has been accepted, then you can follow the steps below to file your State return:
- Login to your TurboTax account.
- In the Welcome Home box, click Visit My Tax Timeline at the bottom.
- In the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state.
- Click on the State Taxes tab.
- Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
- Click Done with State.
- Continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.
You may want to review the State Taxes section to confirm the return is complete.
Still have questions?Make a post