Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I have not received a direct deposit from the IRS in several years. The direct deposit account number has not changed. How can I verify the correct account no?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Hi, I have not received a direct deposit from the IRS in several years. The direct deposit account number has not changed. How can I verify the correct account no?

Here's how you can get in to see what you have selected.

1. Open your return if it's not already open.   

2. On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.   

3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.   

4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.   

5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.   

6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, I just wanted to say that Turbo Tax saying they are free is complete BS!! It cost me $100. It started me out on the free tax file system and at the end it charged me $100 ! I am a barteneder for God sakes. I don't make that much money!! Plus during the pandemic right now and we are are laid off, the IRS kept my taxes that were coming back to me. That is insane.  People like me are trying to survive. Some are healthy and some aren't. I happen to be NOT. I have chronic pancreatitas and am only 37 years old. I look nothing like I did 3-5 years ago. My sickness shows and medication for it is NOT cheap. CREON without med insur, $13-1600. To top it off just for a 30 day supply! I have been advised to take 9 a day. 3 breakfast, 3 lunch and 3 dinner. I litterally have to take 1 a day or none at all. And the IRS takes monies owed from Americans, sick Americans. Just wrong. I even just paid my taxes. Common!! SMH Sad world. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@jhope929 First, I am sorry you are going through all of that! I am just going to explain a little bit below why you would have started in the Free Edition then upgraded to a version that charged you.

TurboTax Free Edition (and TurboTax Live Basic) are intended for taxpayers with very simple returns that can fit on the new 1040 form without any schedules.

If we detect that your tax situation requires expanded coverage, like deductions for owning a home or self-employment income, we'll prompt you to upgrade to a version that supports the forms you need so we can maximize your tax deductions and ensure you file an accurate return.

Depending on what your tax situation was last year, you might need to use new tax forms to claim the same deductions, credits, or forms of income. Some of the situations that are now in TurboTax Deluxe and TurboTax Live Deluxe, instead of in Free Edition.

Please reach out to our TurboTax customer care and speak with an agent regarding your fees. TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for responding, however, my taxes were no complex. I am just a bartender with a regular W=-2 form which yielded right about 15k. The only one I had and was there for over a year. So my taxes weren't complex.  The IRS held it due to a year I owed taxes. You think that they would help everyone during this whole virus going on and NOBODY in the whole restaurant or bar business is without work and God knows for how long they seem to not give a crap about the Americans that can really use any sort of money at this time. Glad they really care. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies