Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi! I filed my tax return like 8 months ago and it's still listed as pending via IRS. They told me 2014 was incomplete, and that they'd do it for me if I didn't respond.

I was hoping to get some advice on what to do. It's apparently permanently hung up on pending.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Hi! I filed my tax return like 8 months ago and it's still listed as pending via IRS. They told me 2014 was incomplete, and that they'd do it for me if I didn't respond.

It cannot be PENDING this long so you are hung up in PROCESSING and there you will remain until you correct the issue that has stopped the return.  Comply with all requests timely and politely. 

Thanks for clarifying. It was clearly instructed that if I did not respond by the end of February they would complete the 2014 taxes on my behalf, which may lead to less of a refund, which I was okay with.

Since then, I've heard nada. Should I call the IRS directly?

The IRS was effectively  closed for almost 4 months so everything that required human interaction has also been delayed ... you could try to call however the wait on the phone could be long. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies