Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Got a letter from IRS. Schedule 3 is incomplete or missing. Complete the schedule on line 31 of Form 1040

Got a letter from IRS : Schedule 3 is incomplete or missing from your return. Complete the schedule with information that supports $xxx on line 31 of Form 1040. Also attach all supporting forms or schedules, as required. Can you someone suggest how to respond to this letter. Thanks! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Got a letter from IRS. Schedule 3 is incomplete or missing. Complete the schedule on line 31 of Form 1040

Did you mail in your return ?    Did you have a Sch 3 in the return ?   Is there an amount on line 31 of the form 1040 ?    If so then print a copy of the Sch 3 and mail it  in as requested plus any supporting forms/schedules...  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s3.pdf

Yes mailed my returns. I don't have schedule 3 and I think the tax preparer did a mistake while preparing my returns.  line 31 (Amount from Schedule 3, line 13) has some xxx mentioned. I have no idea what this is and why the tax preparer had it here. Now he is ghosting me. 

Seek out a local pro for help if the tax person you used is not responding to your request. 

And line 13 what ?   There are several :  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s3.pdf

None applicable to me. Sure will reach out to a local tax consultant for help. Thanks!

What tax preparer?  TT is not licensed for use by paid tax preparers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies