rajesh-nimmakaya

Hi, I filed my 2018 returns through paper on my own. I realized that I claimed child tax credit instead of other dependents credit. How can I fix and ammend ?

What credit do you think you did not get?  Do you need to claim the childcare credit?

rajesh-nimmakaya

I incorrectly claimed child tax credit of 2000$ but my child doesn't have SSN and I was told by my friends if child is having ITIN we can claim only other dependent tax credits (500$) but not Child tax credit (2000$)

Ok ... you must have mailed the return in recently ... for now do NOTHING ... this is an error the IRS should pick up for you automatically when the process the return.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/what-is-the-child-tax-credit/00/25961

rajesh-nimmakaya

Hi Thanks for the reply. My 2018 return processed and I got refund as well. Even though y haven't got any notice from IRS I thought of amending my 2018 return. Is it advisable or do I need to wait for a notice ?

rajesh-nimmakaya

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. My 2018 return processed and I got refund (En cashed) as well. Even though I haven't got any notice from IRS I thought of amending my 2018 return. Is it advisable to do or do I need to wait for a notice.

Thanks,

Rajesh