turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I filed my 2018 returns through paper on my own. I realized that I claimed child tax credit instead of other dependents credit. How can I fix and ammend ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Hi, I filed my 2018 returns through paper on my own. I realized that I claimed child tax credit instead of other dependents credit. How can I fix and ammend ?

What credit do you think you did not get?  Do you need to claim the childcare credit?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I incorrectly claimed child tax credit of 2000$ but my child doesn't have SSN and I was told by my friends if child is having ITIN we can claim only other dependent tax credits (500$) but not Child tax credit (2000$)

Ok ... you must have mailed the return in recently ... for now do NOTHING ... this is an error the IRS should pick up for you automatically when the process the return.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/what-is-the-child-tax-credit/00/25961

Hi Thanks for the reply. My 2018 return processed and I got refund as well. Even though y haven't got any notice from IRS I thought of amending my 2018 return. Is it advisable or do I need to wait for a notice ?

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. My 2018 return processed and I got refund (En cashed) as well. Even though I haven't got any notice from IRS I thought of amending my 2018 return. Is it advisable to do or do I need to wait for a notice.

Thanks,

Rajesh

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies