Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

Hi everyone glad to see I'm not alone in still waiting. I filed 3/8, NEVER received a letter for audit from State. Still waiting on it. Received a letter I needed to verify identity. Got an in office date of 4/19. Verified successfully, "failed" over the phone lol. Received a CT05 letter stating funds held until 7/5. I am outraged at the treatment. U was told on 6/21 that my paper was sent to another verification department and this can be another 60 days of review. Does anyone else have this problem?

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

Also, is interest automatically added on to your refund?
ravensm4

I went exactly through the same thing. I filed on 2/11/2018 and was accepted on 2/13/2018.. 4 weeks went by and the TT bar said I would get the money by mid-April and that came and went.. I received a letter in the mail stating I needed to verify my identity.. I had created another TT account so I could file for free since I have always paid so I thought the verification process was necessary.. anyhow when verifying the lady said it could take up to 9 weeks maybe less to receive my refund and the 9 weeks came and went.. when I called back they told me that I should have received a letter saying it would take an additional 60 days for review and I stated I hadn’t received the letter and he said they had to send out a response to the department that’s holding my funds and unfortunately that could take an additional 60 days or less.. which leave me to July 22 as the last day of 60 day review additional review.. this is so frustrating cause I really could use the money, I have a few bills to pay..

@ravensm4  exactly. I was wondering what the extra 60 days was he had mentioned. At that point when he said it, I stopped listening. As if a 90 day hold isn't long enough. I just want to know if they are going to add the interest automatically.

If IRS pays you interest, then interest on the refund will start on the return due date, late filed return received date, or date the payment was made, whichever is the latest.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/interest-for-individuals">https://www....>

Hi could someone give me the address to send the copy of my w-2 in actual number. I want to make sure it is the correct address. I don’t want anything to go wrong, otherwise I’ll be waiting until next year.
reina503

@mesolis87 have you received your tax return?
ravensm4

@mesolis87 My date for review was extended from the 22nd to August 5th or before, the lady said they made an internal update and that was so upsetting to find out I been waiting since Feb 12 so I’m frustrated me and my three kiddos could use the extra money..
mesolis87

@reina503 nope not yet, I called yesterday because I was told I should be recieveing a letter but its been two months since they closed out my referral and I've been waiting on a letter. Now the guy said I should be getting a letter by July 24, if not the next step will be them sending another referral. I feel like I'm never getting my money.
mesolis87

@ravensm4 Wow! I called yesterday because I was told I should be recieveing a letter but its been two months since they closed out my referral and I've been waiting on a letter. Now the guy said I should be getting a letter by July 24, if not the next step will be them sending another referral. I'm frustrated also.
reina503

@mesolis87 are they telling folks the same thing. They told me exactly what they told you including the dates for the examination of my taxes. They also told me that after I send the paperwork they need. It will take an additional 120 to received an answer. So basically next year
ravensm4

@mesolis87 That’s why I’m in the same mess, they’re just giving people the run around.. what department do you have to send that to and why is it gonna take 60days for them to respond
mesolis87

@reina503 sounds like it. I was told by a representative months ago to send in a copy of my W2's because I still haven't received a letter but that didn't help anything. I called weeks later and the different rep told me they shouldn't of told me that because I shouldn't send anything until i get a letter. So that was for nothing.
CWill5

I come to this thread and I read these posts and realize I'm not alone, but after spending what seemed like all day Thursday with the IRS actually - 5 phone calls (3 to IRS agents and 2 to Tax advocates) and I'm still confused about what is happening. I filled 1/31, got the letter for review 2/18, no mail since. Just monthly and now weekly phone calls. I finally  went off. I didn't cuss but relayed to the representative if I owed the IRS I couldn't duck dodge and stall like they're doing a lot of us. I'm just starting to think by the time I get my return it'll be time to file again.

i got a notice/letter in march 26 stating they'll review my response by  June 26 so i waited all these months and last week i got a notification by the us postal office saying that i was getting a letter from the irs but i never got it, looks like the mailman either lost it or put it in someone else mailbox like they done so many times before so what now? do i call or wait for another letter?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies