Have you already filed the Federal return? And if so, how--did you efile it, and if efiled, has it been accepted?
Here's how to open your return back up so you can finish and file the state return:
- Log in and go to your 2016 Tax Timeline.
- Scroll to "Some things you can do."
- Choose "Add a state." (you don't really add another one--that's just to open the return.)
- Once the return is open you can go to the State Taxes tab to finish the state return. Review it carefully. Some of the forms may have updated since you were last there.
- Then go to the REVIEW tab and step through that.
- Then go to the FILE tab to choose a filing method, payment method, etc.
- If you choose to efile, then be sure you continue all the way to the end to a screen that has a button to click "Transmit Return Now."
NOTE: Don't make any changes in your Federal return since it has already been filed. If you later need to change anything, you have to use the formal amending steps, which must start off exactly like the return was originally filed.
Still have questions?Make a post