Hello I want to amend my 2018 return. I efiled with turbo tax. The amendment is to claim my son. What do I need to include with my 1040X? Do I need to send W2 as well?

Hi,

You don't need to include your W2 unless stated by the IRS if you had received a letter by mail, you only send them the 1040X  and any forms that you may include depending what changes your making, in your case your only claiming your son, so there's nothing else to be attached to the form, it's going to ask you why your amending so your putting that your claiming your son, and that's all .

Hi,

what's required is 1040-x , 1040 and any forms or schedules that changed.   

So include the ordinal filing form 1040 as well?

No...you do not include the original or new form 1040 with the 1040X...you attach any forms or schedules that changed or were added.

Look at column B of the form 1040X....you need to send in supporting docs for any changes made to the original return... Adding a child may have added new forms to your return...attach any new or changed form like the 8812.