Hello, I received my 1098-T form a week after I filed my W-2 and i just put the information in TurboTax to amend the amount. I am not sure if I did it right. please help

First, you will want to make sure you do not amend your return until after your original tax return has either been accepted or rejected by the IRS. If your original tax return has been accepted, you can go ahead and amend and add this form and amend.

If your return is ready for amending, you can double-check the information you entered for Form 1098-T using the instructions below:

• Sign into your TurboTax Online account
  • Choose to Continue your return/Take me to my return
  • Click on Federal Taxes

• Click on  Deductions & Credits
  • Click to Edit/Add (or Revisit) next to Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T)  

Verify the information entered into TurboTax matches the data on your form. 

If everything is complete, you can complete the remaining interview questions and then print and mail the amended return to the IRS. The IRS does not allow amended returns to be efiled.