Modums

Heard on the news today about the settlement thats being paid out for charging to file e file I was 1 of those persons

You will receive payment automatically if eligible for it. 

here is who is eligble for the settlement:

"Covered Consumer" means any individual, or individuals if a joint return was filed, who in Tax Years 2016, 2017, or 2018 was (1) eligible to use an Intuit IRS Free File Product; (2) began his or her tax returns using a TurboTax Free Edition Product; (3) was informed that he or she was ineligible to use a TurboTax Free Edition Product; (4) subsequently paid to use a TurboTax Paid Product, and (5) had not used the Intuit IRS Free File Product in a previous tax year.