turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

llchow106

I have input a CA tax withhold $285 in Fed Section, while asking for electronic file, being asked to fix error for 592 B , double input $258 , amend status, how to back ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

I have input a CA tax withhold $285 in Fed Section, while asking for electronic file, being asked to fix error for 592 B , double input $258 , amend status, how to back ?

Here is the proper way to enter a Calif Form 592-B withholding:

Enter the Calif tax on Form 592-B in the federal return so that the withholding can be included in your federal itemized deductions. TT/Calif will pick it up from there. Remove any other entry for that withholding you may have already made if it's not where the following instructions say to enter it:

Federal Taxes tab
Deductions and Credits
I'll choose what I work on
Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
Select Other Income Taxes
Under Other Income Taxes Paid in 2018 is
Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099  <Start>
Enter the $$ withheld in the State box (round to nearest dollar - don't enter pennies) and select California from the dropdown

In TT/Calif click through until you get to the screen Take a look at California credits and taxes, under Payments and withholding select Real Estate and Other Withholding. Check the 592-B Box and you will be shown an image of the form to input the data for electronic filing. This will "sync up" the "other withholding" coming from the federal return and treat it properly on the Calif return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
llchow106

I input on 592B again, it turned into amend status, cannot be filed electronically, how to fix it ?
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Have you already filed your Calif return? If not, go back thru the federal & Calif Step-by-Step and remove any inadvertent entries you made that told TT you are amending.
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Here is the proper way to enter a Calif Form 592-B withholding:

Enter the Calif tax on Form 592-B in the federal return so that the withholding can be included in your federal itemized deductions. TT/Calif will pick it up from there. Remove any other entry for that withholding you may have already made if it's not where the following instructions say to enter it:

Federal Taxes tab
Deductions and Credits
I'll choose what I work on
Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
Select Other Income Taxes
Under Other Income Taxes Paid in 2018 is
Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099  <Start>
Enter the $$ withheld in the State box (round to nearest dollar - don't enter pennies) and select California from the dropdown

In TT/Calif click through until you get to the screen Take a look at California credits and taxes, under Payments and withholding select Real Estate and Other Withholding. Check the 592-B Box and you will be shown an image of the form to input the data for electronic filing. This will "sync up" the "other withholding" coming from the federal return and treat it properly on the Calif return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies