Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Have a deposit from tax products llc bank into account that doesn't match any amount anticipated, even w/ fees taken out? State

Bank shows a deposit assuming from Turbo Tax, but the amount is not the same as we are expecting. When checking the refund status on the .gov and nys site, they show our refund is being processed and not approved as of today. Not sure where this money is from.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Have a deposit from tax products llc bank into account that doesn't match any amount anticipated, even w/ fees taken out? State

Those are both for your federal refunds minus the fees.  There is also an extra $40 Pay with Refund service charge (45 for California).  The IRS is behind on updating the website for refunds or not showing it at all.    

View solution in original post

4 Replies
balls0926

Have money from sbtpg llc tax products pe1 deposit in my account and wonder what it is

Those are both for your federal refunds minus the fees.  There is also an extra $40 Pay with Refund service charge (45 for California).  The IRS is behind on updating the website for refunds or not showing it at all.    

Well, if it's from either Federal or state, that taxing body will be sending you a letter explaining the difference. They do not notify TT.  But see this re Federal:

Refunds | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

apparently, they also charge you tax on the fees they collect, which still makes little sense, we've been using TT since 2015 and I don't ever remember having tax collected on it. I actually stayed on "hold" for over an hour to have a rep tell me that they took taxes out. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies