Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kinzo103

Has anyone else had an issue with the IRS missing their W2? Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I’ve received three different notices saying that they’re reviewing my reported income. When I check my Wage and Income Transcript on the IRS website, no W2 is listed. I know the information was entered on my end because my income amount is reported.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Has anyone else had an issue with the IRS missing their W2? Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

The IRS receives W-2's from employers.  If the IRS did not receive the W-2 from the employer then there is a problem.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Ask your employer if they sent in their copy of the W2 on time.   Is your ssn right on the W2?  

kinzo103

According to my employer, they sent it on time. And ssn is correct!

contact the Social Security Adm. W-3/W-2s are sent to the SSA which then forwards the info on to the IRS. 

You can call us at 1-800-772-1213 between 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. Wait times to speak to a representative are typically shorter in the morning, later in the week, and later in the month. tell 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies