turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I own a rental property and need to amend my 2014 and 2015 taxes to include depreciation on the property. Do I need to purchase Turbotax premier software for this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I own a rental property and need to amend my 2014 and 2015 taxes to include depreciation on the property. Do I need to purchase Turbotax premier software for this?

No. Any of the CD/download product contain the necessary forms for reporting rental property income. The premier version, however, contains specific guidance to the user in this area. Lesser products require you to work your rental property return with minimal guidance.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

View solution in original post

9 Replies

No. Any of the CD/download product contain the necessary forms for reporting rental property income. The premier version, however, contains specific guidance to the user in this area. Lesser products require you to work your rental property return with minimal guidance.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Thank you. I'll give it a try with the basic software and if I need more guidance, will upgrade to Premier.

@nickythegolden I assume your original tax returns were done with TT software and you have the data files available. You will need those.

No- I did not do them with TT software.

@nickythegolden You will have to enter ALL of your original return into TT before you will be able to amend it. There is no way to import your original return. The answer given but @TurboTaxLina contains this fine print.
"Please note that these instructions assume that you prepared your return using TurboTax.  Since you did not, you will want to enter the information from your return as originally filed, then proceed starting in Step 3."

Great. Thank you!

You're welcome.
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

If you did not file with TurboTax, I will recommend you purchase TurboTax Premier edition which gives you specific guidance for reporting your rentals.  

If you filed with Turbotax, please see  Amend

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5709701

[Edited 1/26/2018 | 6:12 PM]

I understand that, but my question is: do I purchase the basic Turbotax software for 2014 or do I have to purchase the Premier software for 2014 since the info I need to amend is regarding a rental income.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies