First, check if your return was filed, by checking your e-file status. If no status is showing, then the return was not completed and submitted.
If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now once you enter in your AIG.
The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
To view your prior year AGI (you must use the same account used last year - username and password.
- Sign In to your prior year TTO account (if you are using a different account from last year, your AGI will not transfer)
- Go to the prior year section of My Tax Timeline,
- Click View adjusted gross income (AGI).
Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for additional instructions:
You can also obtain a copy of last year's tax transcript online using the IRS link: IRS Welcome to get Transcript
Once you obtain your AIG, to make changes before filing:
1. Sign In to TurboTax Online
2. Click "My TurboTax" menu
3. Press "Visit My Tax Timeline"
4. Under the "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO" heading, choose "Add a state" (you're not really adding a state, this allows you to get back into your return).
5. You may now make the corrections to your tax return.
If you find your return has an e-file status and has been filed, the IRS will reject the return and you will be notified by email or you will see by checking your status on the IRS Where's My Refund? site. If that is the case, then you would be able to go in and make any necessary changes to your tax return and resubmit.
You will find the instructions below on how to fix a rejected return:
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
You might have another account. It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used