turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CHANGE MY BANK INFO FOR THE DEPOSIT

HOW DO I ENTER NEW BANK INFO FOR THE DEPOSIT
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JoannaT

I don't think I have FILED yet. It asked me how do I want to pay and I said "pay through my refund", ie. turbotax will take the payment from my refund. Then when I saw that it had my old bank acct as another option I realized I'd need to change that but it never offered me the option to do so.
I am afraid to click the Final button to file  because it has not yet asked me for the account I wish to deposit it to. When will or how do I get that option to change where it goes.
If I change payment to credit card does it FILE as soon as it accepts payment or will I THEN (after paying) get the option to say WHERE my money should go (i.e. enter a new bank account)?
Sorry but I don't recall having this issue ever before...
JoannaT

Go to the File tap on you return and start the interview questions from the beginning and make sure that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked. The next screen is going to ask you for your bank info. Do not e-file until you have made the change.

I did this and I do not get an option about my refund deposit!
All it does is tell me I have an option to pay via credit card or pay from my return.
NO OTHER OPTION ON THAT PAGE.
Am I supposed to PAY before I get the option or once I pay does it just FILE and then not give me a chance to change the bank deposit option?
I think some of you are not reading my question carefully...

It does not file as soon as it takes your payment  (some people even pay in advance but file days later.)   To efile you have to go a final screen with a "Transmit Returns Now" button and actually click on that button.   So it would be hard to file accidentally.   You can pay and then continue on to see what it offers, just don't go on to actually Transmit the return until you are ready.

Also see the info I left you in your other thread:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924926-can-turbo-tax-take-the-cost-out-of-my-return">https://ttlc...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies