Lkayjam

Georgia Taxes

Georgia Taxes 2019 taxes got a letter from the state of Georgia saying there was a change in our Taxes That we weren’t getting your  refund that we have to pay $391 do I need to admin or do anything with my IRS tax because I need to put what we paid in on 2020 that we didn’t get a refund that we had to pay

Georgia Taxes

I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE IRS/STATE

TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS or your state after your return was filed, so no one at TurboTax knows about a letter you received from the IRS or the state.

I AM BEING AUDITED

If you purchased Audit Defense:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924451-i-bought-max-or-audit-defense-and-now-i-m-being-audited

AUDIT SUPPORT

TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support.   At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support".  Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter.  Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

AmyC

Georgia Taxes

When you do your 2020 taxes, if you itemized in 2019, then your state refund is taxable. If you took the standard deduction in 2019, the state refund would not matter. 

If you have already filed your 2020 taxes and you claimed a refund you did not get, then you will want to amend  your return. Chances are you take the standard deduction because 95% of people do - which means no amendment necessary.

Once your return is accepted and the finances are settled, you can file an amended return, if needed.