turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

barbar802

Filed a correction March 9th faxed the papers. 8962, 1095-A. They said roughly 2 weeks. Anyone gotten anything before the 2 weeks? Or was it held up even longer after 2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Filed a correction March 9th faxed the papers. 8962, 1095-A. They said roughly 2 weeks. Anyone gotten anything before the 2 weeks? Or was it held up even longer after 2?

That is a mixed bag ... some get it sooner some take longer depending on the current workload and personnel available ... so plan for it to take a LONG time and be delighted if it comes in earlier. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

That is a mixed bag ... some get it sooner some take longer depending on the current workload and personnel available ... so plan for it to take a LONG time and be delighted if it comes in earlier. 

barbar802

Thank you!! I did speak to some @ the irs via phone. And the gentleman had stated March 22nd, March 25th @ the latest and if I don’t recieve anything to call back and let them know. Because March 25th will be 2 weeks since I had submitted and the the gentleman I had spoken to prior who had helped me understand what forms I needed to correct the mistake has also said it is typically 2 weeks after I submit the correction to recieve anything!! It’s never taken so long. This is almost my very first time in 8-9 years of filing since I was 16 to have an issue. It’s an unusual process for sure.

Well sadly you missed entering in the 1095-A to start with and instead of either mailing the return back to you and telling you to fix it and mail it back (add 12 + weeks to the process)  OR  adjusting the return themselves which would require you to amend the return for the balance of the refund they shorted you ( 16+ weeks to the process) they are giving taxpayers the option to fax in the missing forms now and only wait a couple of weeks ... so please be patient with the process.
barbar802

I am m. I was just curious on how it typically works. I was given the option to fax back/in. I asked if I needed to file an amendment and was giving a very definite no. The gentleman I had first spoke to the first time around six it would and or could mess it up more. I only need 2 forms to match my numbers to theirs. Fortunately for me I had 2 angels at H&R Block who inputed it, got the numbers needed. Gave me the forms to just take what they did and put it in my own. And they charged me nothing knowing I filed with turbo and not them. Thank you so much for responding. 🙂

FYI ... you could have logged in and done the same thing with TT for free ... sorry you didn't try here first.
barbar802

Ohh, I didn’t know that. I didn’t need to do an amendment just submit 2 papers. 1095-A and 8962. I didn’t pay anything @ H&R Block. I only payed to fax the papers. I will know for next time IF there was ever another issue!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies