Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gamesse
Returning Member

Forced to Pay for TurboTax Deluxe

Words cannot describe how frustrated I am. I have never had a problem with TurboTax until this point.

While filing my taxes I learned that I qualified for the Lifetime Learning Credit for a little bit of extra money on my return. Okay cool. You know what's not cool? In order to get that money, I would have to pay for TurboTax Deluxe. I wouldn't mind paying for it, honestly. Not if the money i would be getting out of it would be more significant than what I would be paying to get it in the first place.

But it's not. I'd rather just not take the credit. I've gone back and restarted filing multiple times and there was no way for me to get rid of it/opt out of it. The fact that TurboTax would *require* you to upgrade for taxes with no way out is outrageous.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Forced to Pay for TurboTax Deluxe

If you would like to remove the Lifetime Learning Credit, you would need to delete Form 8863 - Education Credits.  

If you are using TurboTax Online, please see this Help Article for instructions.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please see this Help Article for instructions.

@Gamesse

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies