Filling out my 1098-T and it says I need to fix an error before continuing but I can not figure out what my error was.

mstatz0108

I have checked over the entries for my 1098-T but can not find an error yet can not continue

AnnetteB

Getting an error message stating that you must fix errors on Form 1098-T before continuing is usually an indication that some of the information on the page was copied and pasted into the field. 

This commonly occurs for the school’s Federal ID number, but it can happen in other fields as well.

To fix it, go back through the entries and type them by hand instead of using copy/paste.  Also, be sure that there are no extra spaces or blanks before or after any of the entries on the page.