Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cajundad
Returning Member

federal tax third incentive f

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

What exactly are you talking about ?   The third stimulus payment the IRS sent out in 2021? 

Cajundad
Returning Member

I file as married couple and we know nothing about a IRS letter for a third check.   doing 2021 tax now and needed to find out 2021 incentive because we do not find out in our home tax files but only that third refund does not show as a direct deposit.

Do we need to file any form with 2021 tax?  I see someone at turbotax appears to have processed something for 2021 tax year.  I find no specific info on my turbotax files.  Just whst and who put something (like an amended form.  I have not filed 2021 at this time????

The Recovery Rebate Credit makes it possible for any eligible individual who did not receive an Economic Impact Payment (stimulus payment) to claim the missing amount on the following tax return.

When you prepare your return, TurboTax assumes that you haven't received stimulus payment, so it begins giving you the maximum amount.

When you enter the actual amount received, it adjusts your refund to account for that.

If you enter the wrong amount received, the IRS will adjust the amount of your refund/tax due based on what they have in their records. 

If you have not filed:

• Type "stimulus" in Search in the upper right
  • Select "Jump to stimulus"
  • TurboTax will ask whether the amount matches what you got
  • If it doesn't, say No
  • TurboTax will let you enter what you received and add the extra to your refund

If you don’t know how much stimulus you received, click Get My Payment

@Cajundad   There have been 3 Stimulus payments.  Did you get the first 2?  Those went on your 2020 return.  

The 3rd Stimulus payment started going out in March 2021 and is for 1,400 for each person listed on your tax return, no age limit. The IRS used your 2020 (or 2019) return to send the checks out fast. If your 2021 return changes and you qualify for more you can claim the extra as the Recovery Rebate Credit on 1040 line 30. But line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. Not the amount you already got. The IRS also sent out letter 6475 to tell you how much they sent you . If you are married then each spouse should get a letter for half.

You should check your bank accounts and check your IRS account (both accounts if married) to see if the IRS sent you any and how much.   You might have missed the deposit and fill out your return wrong.  
https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

Cajundad
Returning Member

Can  you advise about  someone at Turbo Tax account having  a tax response placed or amended return for 2021.  I have not filed 2021 but I see activity on my account.  I feel certain a very talented person has tried to assist the 3rd payout in a good mission to assist us but I nothing is found in my account.   Thanks, hope I can speak  with a person who might help!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies