Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

steve_c
Returning Member

FEDERAL RETURN ACCEPTANCE DATE

I received e-mails from Turbo Tax saying my returns have been accepted.  However the "print preview" form shows no date for acceptance.  In addition, my 1040ES forms state "DO NOT FILE FORM NOT FINAL.  What is going on?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

First you can use the 1040-ES forms with the watermark on them if you wish or wait for them to be available next month.   Then if you want to get the filing history page you need to download the PDF of the return with the worksheets ...

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.  The latter has the most pages.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

steve_c
Returning Member

Thank you for the quick reply.  You didn't address the first issue (or maybe I didn't understand) as to why my returns were accepted but the program shows no acceptance date.

The Electronic Postmark Report will have the date/time the tax return was transmitted and the date it was accepted by the IRS, if accepted.  The report is available if you use Print Center and the option for all worksheets.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

steve_c
Returning Member

Critter-3...You don't seem to understand what I have been asking about.  I know that the accepted date *should* show in the print center printout but the accepted date is blank on that form despite the fact that I received confirmation from TurboTax that it has indeed been accepted.  Why is the accepted date not showing up?

Thanx for your patience.

steve_c
Returning Member

Critter-3...You don't seem to understand what I have been asking about.  I know that the accepted date *should* show in the print center printout but the accepted date is blank on that form despite the fact that I received confirmation from TurboTax that it has indeed been accepted.  Why is the accepted date not showing up?

Thanx for your patience.

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this situation ... contact details can be found here

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies