Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

olafsons

Fed tax refund 2022

I am seeing on your site that folks are mentioning that their federal tax return is coming from TPG PRODUCTS TYPE: SBTPG LLC ID: [phone number removed] CO: TPG PRODUCTS ACH ECC PPD ACH Trace [phone number removed]938.  Mine, too, was less than expected. $55 LESS. Like the others who are commenting, that was AFTER we paid all Turbo Tax fees. What is going on??? This is the first year we have noticed this.  What gives?  Has anyone come up with a REAL explanation??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Fed tax refund 2022

Are you remembering that there was also a "refund processing fee" for having the third party bank involved?  That refund processing fee was $39--or $45 in CA--- + sales tax.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Fed tax refund 2022

Please see this Help Article for possible reasons as to why your refund was less than expected. 

You will need to contact TPG for information regarding your refund. They are one who handles your refund if you elect to pay your fees with your refund. You can also check out this TPG Refund Tracker to check on your refund.

@olafsons 

Fed tax refund 2022

We have not received our 2022 Fed. Income Tax Refund. We filed through Turbo Tax on line and I received a notice that it was accepted. I also received a letter from the IRS stating that they needed more information to verify our return and asked us to go to IRS.gov/VerifyReturn which we did. This year I did the return and not my husband who usually does it. I used my own name to file it so I was wondering if that made a difference. Please reply ASAP.

Thank you

Fed tax refund 2022

@pixiecoats Did you change the order of the names on a joint return----"I used my own name to file..."?     When you file joint tax returns the IRS likes for the names to be consistent.   That may have triggered the request to verify your identity, although the request can also be random.   Did you follow the instructions and verify identity right away?   It can take about nine weeks after verifying identity to get your refund.   TurboTax does not get any information after you file your return, so you will need to watch the IRS refund site for information.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Fed tax refund 2022

If you usually file a joint return with MR  named first and the MRS as the spouse  but then switch positions  and put MRS first then that can and does confuse the IRS and it can delay the processing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies