turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Facebook says if you filed your 2019 taxes with Turbo Tax and had the fees taken out of your refund that your 2nd stimulus will not be deposited, is this true?

It says that the bank used by Turbo tax will not be sending payments through for the second stimulus
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Facebook says if you filed your 2019 taxes with Turbo Tax and had the fees taken out of your refund that your 2nd stimulus will not be deposited, is this true?

TurboTax did NOT receive your stimulus check.  TurboTax has NO control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it or tell you when you will receive it.  The IRS will use the same banking information for the 2nd stimulus that they used for the first one.  If that account (or card) is closed then the stimulus will go back to the IRS and they will mail you a check.

You may check the status of your payment at IRS.gov/GetMyPayment

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

This is a super generic answer.  While I agree that TT has no control over your refund or how it is sent/processed.  There was an agreement in place for everyone that had fees taken out of their refund. (you had to electronically sign and agree to it in order to use the third party bank Santa Barbara Bank and Trust).  The person who responded to this is a bot with TT and is not really giving you correct information.  I got my first stimulus payment perfectly fine into my account and on the day it was expected.  As of this moment, my transcript shows that my refund was sent on 1/4/21, as expected, but the Track My Payment tool says it doesn't have any information available.  It seems that the common thing everyone with this problem has is that they had their fees taken out of their refund.  It would make sense that if this 2nd stimulus payment was not processed as an advance but instead processed as a refund that maybe, possibly there was a glitch or confusion and that this 2nd payment was sent to the account number for Santa Barbara Bank and Trust, - rejected - and then will be sent back to the IRS, and either get be sent for dd again (not likely) or that we will be sent a paper check. Im super bummed and currently on hold to speak with a real person, if I hear anything I will update here, if I get my money or the payment tracker updates.  Please do the same if you have any change as well.  Good vibes to you!  Thanks!

Rsantiago1
Returning Member

Okay thanks! Please let us know because my husband and I are looking for ours. Some ppl who filed through TT got theirs and some didn’t. Let us know

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies