turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Chanel13

After your identity is proven how long does it take to get federa refund

I filed Mar.1st accepted same day waited til Mar.21st still no refund called the irs they said a letter for verification was sent out. received the letter on March 27th went online did verification. It was confirmed. waited 2days called the irs on Mar.29th to make sure everything went through, they said if you do online verification you still have to call in to get verified as well!!!!!!! Wtf didn't anyone tell me that lol called in to irs got verified over the phone was told to wait 2-3 weeks checked WMR still says processing smh

My sister filled April 1st got her refund today smdh HOW SWAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

It is now 04/13/19 still no update on wmr called IRS they said my verification was successful but I still have to wait up till  9 weeks ??? I just don't understand what we waiting for is we're already VERIFIED!!!!!
jennyewo

This has been the the worst tax return year ever

Irs just plays games. Of course if we havent received our refunds like everyone else has there is definitively something wrong, which pisses me off. Seems like only the advocates can tell us what is happening. I have family that works for irs and they can see whats wrong but basic customer service ppl arent able to tell us. All they can do is tell us what they're trained and programmed to do to buy them time to get through everyone else case and if they cant get it it in time then they send us another letter telling us to wait wait wait and refresh their stupid computer systems to see if what theyre are looking for or trying to confirm is coming through like another w2, income ect.  They just play a bunch of bs games to buy them time or see if what we're giving them is true or false income. Smh. I dont see why they cant just be upfront and real and tell us the dam problem from the start. In my case my employeer report less i come than what was on my last pay stub. They recieved my stubs, just waiting for a call tomorrow from an avdocate. Just as much as they dont trust tax payers I dont trust their lying ass either, having their reps tell us that nothing is wrong.

Lies lies lies

They have my income verfication now so even if they dont approve my hardship I wonder what will be their next excuse! Lmao what a joke.
Chanel13

Exactly i'm just fed up if i get it, I get it if i don't i don't but dont have me waiting and not telling me anything. just like we have a deadline to file by they should have one to let us know wtf is going on with OUR MONEY!!!!

Exactly!

I’m being sent another letter after 4 weeks after verifying. Does anyone know what this letter could be about ?
Chanel13

Did you verify online or over the phone? You  can call it's and they can tell you what the letter was about! They sent me 1 letter to verify my identity I did it online , than sent me another letter 2 weeks later to call in and verify also over the phone.

I verified over the phone

So the letter i received states that they will possibly need an additional 60 days to review my case. Did anyone receive their refund before the 60 days ?

You should get a tax advocate
jennyewo

Just verified this morning 4/8 I hope this is all I have been been waiting on my refund this is so stressful. I finally got the letter Saturday now I have to wait 9 weeks this is crazy

It’s week 5 and I still haven’t seen an update.

Just make sure Your numbers and employment matches theirs. I had to amend my return and advocate is going to follow up with me on the 19th. What a nightmare.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies