turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EVen though i had self prepare my tax through turbo tax will i still get stimulus check still through direct deposit

EVen though i had self prepare my tax through turbo tax will i still get stimulus check still through direct deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You will get a stimulus check if you filed a tax return by any means for 2018 or 2019. The payment will go to the bank account you entered when you filed the return, or you will get a paper check if you didn't enter bank account information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thank you for helping me. I was worried about that. I had already done my tax thing on January 18 and barely today I got my refund. Since I have gotten my refund they deducted from it to pay the turbo tax thing so does that mean I will get the stimulus check ?

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Yes, you should get a stimulus check. If you used the TurboTax Pay With My Refund service:

Per Santa Barbara TPG: An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

However, the IRS and Treasury Department are developing a website for taxpayers who are expecting a check, where they can provide their bank account information in order to receive their Economic Impact Payment by direct deposit.

According to this message on the IRS website the IRS will notify taxpayers when more details are available. We will update this page when more information is available.

You can also check the TurboTax web page here for updated information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am wondering though , if the IRS could just use our information from turbo tax to do the Direct Deposit is that possible

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies