Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error R0000-058-01

This Error caused me to have to print and file by mail for 2023 US and state taxes.  Is Turbotax offering any reimbursement or credit for the costs associated with their failed program?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Error R0000-058-01

How much did it cost to mail your federal return?

Error R0000-058-01

When you use online TurboTax, your fee is the same whether you e-file or file the returns by mail; there was no extra fee for e-mailing the return.  The fee is for using the software to prepare your return.

If you used the CD/download and paid a state e-file fee ($20, after March 1 $25) which is only added to the cost when you use the CD/download, then you can request a refund of the state e-file fee if you had to mail the returns.

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Error R0000-058-01

The question that the community can answer is, "Is Turbotax offering any reimbursement or credit for the costs associated with their failed program?" Has anyone of the users that had this issue Error R0000-058-01- that as far as I can tell was never resolved and certainly not in time to file by April 15 - received any form of compensation or credit/refund from Turbotax? Previous posts from prior years indicated that the cost of e-filing the state taxes were not reimbursed as Turbotax claimed the fee is for the PROCESS of e-filing and this was performed. The fact that the return was not accepted was not considered as a cause for a refund.  I have not contacted Turbotax since filing in April 2024, but I have been tracking this issue periodically in the forum.  I have NOT FOUND any posts regarding a correction to the error or compensation to other users. This is going to affect my consideration of alternative software next year.

Error R0000-058-01

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Error R0000-058-01

I filled in a form for charge correction with Turbotax. No response yet.

Software Win Desktop Deluxe Costco- $44.99
MO State upload fee - $25.00
Materials for Printing - 2 envelops -20 cents each $0.40
73 pages printed- 21 cents per page - $15.33
Postage $5.18. US $2 35 MO $2.83

Mailing fee - shipping and handling - $10 - to cover trip to PO and time
$95.72

My call to Turbotax was not helpful other than the link to submit a claim.  (
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-request-a-refund-for-my-turbotax-product/...). The agent indicated that it was important to know if my tax forms were accepted as printed, but I do not have that information and unless IRS finds a problem I won't hear anything. I included payments with both state and US forms. Nonetheless the agent indicated I could check my IRS status via https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund. Of course this does not work if there is no refund.

The questions asked still remain and I remain concerned that the same error that rejected my forms electronically - or the "fixes" I tried on successive failed attempts to efile following community suggestions - will ultimately result in an IRS letter/correction/fees at a future date.

I have NOT FOUND any posts regarding:

1. a correction to the error via update - but since my forms were filed already I presume that might result in needing a US 1040-X and possibly MO forms, too.

2. compensation to other users

3. anyone that reported printing and mailing federal or any state forms produced a favorable outcome from IRS (or any state).

The lack of a correction raises concerns that this may be a problem for 2024 again...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies