turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error Message: "Form 3582. Amount Due must be entered" But Turbo Tax will not let me enter any number

I'm amending my 2020 tax return because of a W-2c correcting HSA contributions and related wages and taxes withheld.  I'm at Review and about to file.

From this error message, I'm clicking to Forms where I can see that 3582 is a CA State payment voucher with a blank amount due.  I don't owe any taxes for this amended return (Turbo Tax box says $0).  

I've tried all variations of entering numbers.  Mostly Turbo Tax beeps at me as if I'm not supposed to enter anything there.  Sometimes it has sent me to a form starting with that number (e.g. 1 has taken me to Form 1040).  And I've tried tabbing through the form to ensure I'm in the right spot.

This seems like a glitch.  My software is up to date.  Do you have a solution or workaround?  Can I just leave the error and try to file this amendment anyway? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Error Message: "Form 3582. Amount Due must be entered" But Turbo Tax will not let me enter any number

I have exactly the same problem: 

Form 3582. Amount Due must be entered" But Turbo Tax will not let me enter any number

FYI, I let the error stand and went ahead and filed - on paper as that was my only option for this amended return.  Because I had no amount due, I knew I wouldn't need a form showing amount due.  In my final return there was no Form 3582 generated.  Caveat:  I'm NOT a tax expert!

I don't know what this looks like for folks who have an amount due.  I still think this is a glitch for TTax to step in and fix.  Best of luck to you!

I solved this problem by switching to forms clicked on that field twice, selected override and entered zero

Ita definitely a turbotax bug

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies