Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rondmcd

eFile rejected because AGI does not match

All,

This is more an alert.  I submitted my taxes 8 times for eFile and the IRS rejected them because my AGI did not match the IRS records.   
IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records
I double, triple, quadruple checked.  It came from previous year TubroTax.  I checked my previous print out.  I logged on to the IRS site...I called the IRS.  The amounts were correct.
I tried changing the format, no commas or periods, etc.  Always rejected.
I found TurboTax's help/support, when through all their videos and FAQs until it finally just said Print and Mail them.
I went hunting generically through the IRS FAQs.  I found a section that said if you are a first-time filer and over 16, put in $0.  That didn't apply to me, not a first-time filer.  However, buried in that FAQ was an interesting bit....this could also happen if the IRS didn't get your previous year's taxes loaded before December 31st of the previous year.  I had filed by mail, they had to do it manually, could have taken them 8+months.  So, I put in $0 (for both myself and my wife) and it went through!!!

I am not saying start with $0...but, if you have confirmed and double confirmed the amount and are still getting rejected, try it.  TurboTax should put in their support chain.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rondmcd

eFile rejected because AGI does not match

I get that.  I found bits of it in several places in the community.  But, when in TurboTax and you go to the help and follow all their troubleshooting and watch all their videos, it does NOT address this.  It leaves you with the instruction to print and mail.
This has been a problem since last year and they still haven't addressed in their "How To".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies