Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

green5178
Returning Member

efile 2022 amendment for fed and CA

Can we efile amendements for Fed and CA using desktop software?  I use 2022 Turbo Tax desktop.  I am finished doing what I need to do but system wont let me efile.  Says efiling system is cutoff.  BUT i know my friend who uses Turbo tax online was able to efile both his fed and CA amendments today.  Is there a difference between online and desktop?  Is there a way to efile my amendments for 2022 tax year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can not e-file prior year amendments.  How to File an Amended Tax Return with the IRS - TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
green5178
Returning Member

I saw the response that you cant efile amendments.  Im not sure you saw what I initially posted.  My friend used Turbo tax to file his 2022 Federal an CA taxes.  This weekend he e filed his amended 2022 Fed and CA taxes.  He sent me screen shots of proof of efile using turbo tax plus he even got email from turbo tax stating "Great news your 2022 Federal amended tax returns have been accepted by the IRS"  he got the same email for CA except with CA verbiage.

I think I've read that there is difference with Desktop or Online to efile prior year returns.  

On Feb 20, 2024 an employee posted this……..
According to our tech support team, this is not a product defect. TurboTax Desktop for prior years does not support E-file for amendments like TurboTax Online does. Apparently, the signature date is the trigger for rejecting an e-file attempt.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/tt-desktop-won-t-let-me-e-file-2022-amen...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies