rickapel

E-file rejected due to AGI mismatch but with other special circumstances

My e-filing was rejected due to the following message:

IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

1) I have an Amended Tax return I filed for 2019 but still used the original AGI per the Help Forums

2) I have a rejected status on my 2019 from the KC office which I have been working on for close to a year now

3) Signed on to see what the IRS thinks my AGI is, but the database doesn't even think anything was filed filed for 2019

Currently engaged my Congressman in my district already to get someone  from the Local IRS to act as an advocate but

they went down the same rabbit hole as the Kansas City and Philly Offices, blindly requesting forms needed because

of a mistake make by my tax filer which would not require those forms to be filed.

I'm bald so I don't have any hair left to pull out at the present time.

My thinking is that I'm out of luck for now and only the IRS can remedy this, but if anyone has any suggestions please

send them.

ee-ea

You say

Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—enter 0 also do so if you did not file in 2020.

IRS thinks you did not file.

rickapel

Using 0 as a AGI did not change things. It was filed in Feb of 2020 by my (now former) Tax Preparer and

I've tried to get help on getting it fixed but it got to the point that the IRS folks were just quoting the Coronavirus we are busy mantra and giving me absolutely 0 help.

CarissaM

If your return was rejected, please follow the FAQ here

If you are still having the same issue, it may require you to print your return and file by mail.