turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

@donna.dulce did you claim EITC or ACTC?

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

Yes I did, my first year.

Same here, 1st time claiming eitc since I had my daughter last year.

Has anybody called

@donna.dulce I can’t call until Monday. My status updated on Saturday so I’ve been stressing all weekend

I'm planning to call Monday around 6:45 to see

@austinsmommy2001 same here

Mine just say take action and the contact us on the bottom and then when I click on it it’s says 1541...never seen that..I think it’s the EIC AND CHILD Tax credit..I hope

Did anyone get ahold of irs? I’ve been trying to call but I go in circles in the automated system!

Just got off the phone with IRS, he looked into my return and stated that the PATH act is what triggered the red 1541. The return is processed and if I check back on the 15th I will see a DDD. I suggest calling as early as you can. I called right at 7, was on hold 10 minutes before a live agent answered! Not bad and he was in a good mood to top it off. If you filed early and claimed EITC it's most likely that, but you can call for some peace of mind.

How did you talk to a human??

I just called the number listed and it asked me what ext, I put 312. I selected option 1 to inquire about my tax return. It then asked for my SSN, filing status (4 HOH), refund amt and estimated wait was 4-7 mins but they answered after about 10.

Ok I’m trying again right now

Ok so they told me it has to do with claiming eic and ACTC. I even had the irs rep look at my tax return and she said everything else was fine.
momee02

Im in the same boat I have never seen the Take Action and Ref. Num 1541...I went from Accepted to this message with the same number and extension to call. I called on 2/11/19 after getting the warning message on 2/9/19 and they me the exact same thing..that it was due to back logging and that i should see an update with a ddd between 15th and 27th...I hope thats all it is, I checked the offset line and have None. I have Eitc
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies