turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ylem3

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

I mailed my amended return on 2/26/2018 and says it was received on  3/2/2018 and was adjusted on 3/30/2018. I will keep you posted 🙂

Mine was received on 2/20/18 and I am still waiting on it to be adjusted, never had to do this and feels like it is taking forever!

Amended returns take about 4 months to process.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return">www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return</a>

Mine was received on 3/1/18 was adjusted on 3/16/18 & was mailed out 4/4/18. I had to keep calling irs because the online where’s my amended refund site never updated. I just called like I’ve already  spoken with someone about a situation and they would give me an update on what was going on. 🙂
lcwkew

What's the number. I tried to call the amended return hotline but it just gives me the status and not a person to talk with

The irs number but do no hit any number to check status. Hit anything except that Just to a rep on the phone.

The irs number but do no hit any number to check status. Hit anything except that Just to a rep on the phone.

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

I mailed my amended since 2/16/18 I am not getting any updates on the online where's my amended refund I've called and they told me it can take up to 16 weeks

Do it say if they received it?

they told me they recieved on 2/20/18

they didnt tell me that it's being processed they just told me it takes up to 16 weeks and that i should recieve by June 12

Oh ok. Everytime I call they say the same thing. I know every case is different but I know someone who amended return was complete in 1 month. So hopefully  it will be soon.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies