TurboTax is offering refund advance loans to those who qualify. If you qualify the loan is offered at the time that you file your tax return.
You do not get the money until the 2020 e-file has been ACCEPTED by the IRS.You also have to agree to receive your refund on a new prepaid TurboTax Visa.
The IRS will begin to accept/reject 2020 returns on February 12, 2021.
It is too late to get the loan after you e-file. If the loan was offered and you did not accept it, you cannot change your mind after you e-file.
Refund Advance eligibility
The Refund Advance won’t impact your credit at all. Here are the eligibility requirements to qualify for Refund Advance loan.
- Your federal refund is $500 or more (excluding any Recovery Rebate Credit).
- You are 18 or older.
- You cannot be a resident of North Carolina or Illinois
- You are e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
- Your physical address is the address listed on your tax return. It cannot be a P.O. Box or a prison address. Your address must be located in the United States and be from the eligible list of states for the Refund Advance program.
- You are not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
- You can’t file on behalf of a deceased taxpayer.
- You also must be approved for a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, the issuer of the card
- You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R , Sched C, or Sched CEZ.
I was never offered for the refund advance or ask about the turbo taxe card if its by green dot debit I should be approve by them because I have a go2bank card that I've had for many years. When I was speaking with one of your agent she also said she didn't see where I was ask if I wanted a refund advanced so I think it isn't fair to me because if that was the case I would've gone to h&r block instead of coming to yall to file my taxes from now on maybe that's what I should do
Unfortunately, not all consumers will qualify for a refund advance loan. Please click here for more details and program eligibility.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"