Do I need to file an amended return to include a 1098-T if I'm not eligible for the credit and it doesn't impact my refund?

If nothing from the form 1098-T affects your tax due or refund, then no, you don't need to amend your return. However, usually you would be able to qualify for one of the three tax benefits by entering the form. 

Also, any scholarships in box 5 for room and board or stipend money is typically taxable on the return, although this can be offset by the educational credits or deduction.