nakeifer

Do I need to amend my return if I received a corrected 1098 from my mortgage provider this week? I started it in TT and my refund/owe numbers didn't change at all.

As mentioned in the question, I started an amended return in TT and entered the PMI details, and the system said I already took the deduction and didn't adjust what I owe or get refunded at the top. If nothing changes, do I still need to file an amended return?

KarenJ

No, if your refund or balance due did not change, you do not need to amend your return.

KarenJ