vanessalent99

Do I have to amend my return if the new info on corrected W2-C did not change my refund nor tax due amount?

I received a W2-C from my employer, but there were no changes to Federal tax withheld, nor State tax withheld.   Is it necessary to file an amendment in this case?

KarenL2

No.  If there was no change to the refund nor tax due, you don't need to amend.

KarenL2

vanessalent99

Box 4 and Box 6 were changed (about $15 less), but no other tax withheld boxes changed and neither did the calculations when I ran it through TurboTax Amend.  In fact, the totals for both Federal and State were zero.  It doesn't seem like I need to amend, but does this change anything?