Hookset

Direct deposit

How would I correct the routing number entry for bank

account used for my refund?

JeanneLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Direct deposit

You may not be able to. Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change direct deposit bank account information. If the information provided is for a closed or invalid account the government will mail you a refund check.

Now, if your recently e-filed return is in pending status, wait to see if it is either accepted or rejected.

• If rejected, open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return with any applicable corrected information.
  • If accepted, you'll get your refund check in the mail or will be direct deposited if a valid bank account was listed when you filed.

If you have not e-filed or mailed your tax return already you can change the bank account information, go to the "File" section to make the change:

• Login to TurboTax and go into your tax timeline, select the File tab.
  • There are three steps listed. Click on Start/Revisit next to Step 2.
  • You'll have the choice for in my bank for direct deposit or paper check to receive in the mail, make sure the I want my refund deposited into this account box is unchecked.
  • Select direct deposit, correct the information and then click continue at the bottom. 

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information.

JeanneLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Direct deposit