Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Direct Debit Date Still on or before 4/15?

We owe money on our return. If we mail a check, the date is 7/15/2020, however, on direct debit, TT says "You can pick the date, as long as it's on or before 04/15/2020". Is that correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Currently, there is no way to enter a payment date after 4/15 in TurboTax you can select to mail a check and mail it later or select that option and make an electronic payment later with the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-electronic-funds-withdrawal#errors

We are working on updating the system and will put progress updates here:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm a little confused. Everything I read in your instructions on line seem to imply we can pay via turbo tax; are you saying this is not currently possible? How quickly will this be updated so payments can be made after 4/15?

@merrilllunt wrote:

I'm a little confused. Everything I read in your instructions on line seem to imply we can pay via turbo tax; are you saying this is not currently possible? How quickly will this be updated so payments can be made after 4/15?

The TurboTax software was updated on March 27 so you can file after and have a federal tax payment after April 15 and on or before July 15, 2020 without penalty.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies