turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ayers87

My return was accepted and processed. The IRS released the money Feb 21st. It has not been deposited into my bank account, which is TurboTax's responsibility. Where did the money go?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

My return was accepted and processed. The IRS released the money Feb 21st. It has not been deposited into my bank account, which is TurboTax's responsibility. Where did the money go?

The IRS is the one responsible for depositing your refund. TurboTax is a preparer of the return only. Once you prepare the return using our software, we transmit your information electronically to the IRS. That is where our handling of the return stops. We do not receive any status updates after the return is accepted. The only way TurboTax would have a hand in your deposit would be if you chose to have fees deducted from your return or chose to have your refund deposited to a Turbo Prepaid Card. If you chose to have your refund sent to your personal bank then the IRS does that. I would suggest confirming the deposit information you entered on your return.  You can find that information by looking at your electronic or paper stored tax return. You will see the bank information in the refund/balance due section in the TurboTax cover sheets as well as the refund section on the form 1040. If for any reason the information entered is incorrect, the bank will most likely reject the refund and then the IRS will mail a check. If you need more assistance, in this case, you will need to contact the IRS directly at 800-829-1040. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Did you use your refund to pay for Turbo Tax fees or request a Turbo Prepaid Card?
ayers87

It was supposed to be direct deposited into my back account, like last year. I had no fees.

No irs said it was deposit in a checking account I do not have

No tax turbo give irs a checking account to deposit my refund in and I do not have

I am very up set with tax turbo for taking my and I will call irs and tell them
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS is the one responsible for depositing your refund. TurboTax is a preparer of the return only. Once you prepare the return using our software, we transmit your information electronically to the IRS. That is where our handling of the return stops. We do not receive any status updates after the return is accepted. The only way TurboTax would have a hand in your deposit would be if you chose to have fees deducted from your return or chose to have your refund deposited to a Turbo Prepaid Card. If you chose to have your refund sent to your personal bank then the IRS does that. I would suggest confirming the deposit information you entered on your return.  You can find that information by looking at your electronic or paper stored tax return. You will see the bank information in the refund/balance due section in the TurboTax cover sheets as well as the refund section on the form 1040. If for any reason the information entered is incorrect, the bank will most likely reject the refund and then the IRS will mail a check. If you need more assistance, in this case, you will need to contact the IRS directly at 800-829-1040. 

Theresa587
Returning Member

I did not give TurboTax any bank info, so where did the TurboTax get the routing number and account number thats on my federal refund? I do not have an intuit turbocard with the same bank card.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

How did you elect to receive your refund on your return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies