Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did anyone from NM get a notice that you owe a penalty for late payment of state taxes? My state tax payment was part of turbo tax process. anyone have same issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Did anyone from NM get a notice that you owe a penalty for late payment of state taxes? My state tax payment was part of turbo tax process. anyone have same issue?

@c_burchard 

Maybe, did your payment actually occur?

See this NM news posting (and read ALL of it carefully):

Some New Mexico taxpayers received incorrect late penalty letters, state says (krqe.com)

But as a general suggestion,

,......NEVER ever arrange to pay on the last day allowed....always file and pay at least a week earlier than the deadline.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Yes the payment was debited from my bank account.   I do wish that when you do your online taxes with turbo tax you could change the date of payment for a bit earlier than the last moment.   I did find a news article that explains that Intuit payments to state were made late.   So I’m guessing I’m not alone.  Somewhat reassuring.  😳

The program defaults to the last filing date  however you do have the option to choose another earlier date.  It was in the FILE tab step 2 ... watch for it in the future. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies