Ash1031

Did amending my taxes delay my unemployment refund

Maybe ... possibly ... no one knows for sure.   The IRS is WAY behind in processing the millions of  returns with the unemployment recalculation on them  so all you can do is wait as there is no way to track the return in the department in charge of this situation. 

Ash1031

well, i know alot of people in phase 2 got their approval and refunds yesterday and mine is stuck! I wish turbo tax hadnt told me to amend! But on the IRS website it sais amending will not cause delays but seems like thats not the case.

Not all corrected returns have been processed yet ... the IRS said it may take the rest of the summer to process all of them and you are not alone as the IRS still has millions to go.

And if you got an email from TT it did not tell you to amend immediately but only that you "MAY" need to amend if the change made you eligible for something like a credit  not already on the return.  Of course rule #1 of amending returns is that you NEVER amend a return until the original return has finished processing and you have the original refund in hand.  That is the first thing the program asks you  as you start the amendment process and if you say you did not get the original refund yet it stops you and tells you to wait.  

Ash10311

I did get my original refund in Feb. In April I called about this unemployment refund,  the turbo tax representative advises me to amend. So I did. Although now I see reports we did not have to. My question is, is that going to delay my unemployment refund?

Again this is new so no one can say how this will pan out or how long it will take ... but amended returns will probably take 6 months or more to process so all you can do now is wait.