Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Delayed refund.

Good morning,
I had to submit my 2022 tax return by mail because the IRS kept rejecting it due to  a problem signing the return electronically.
I mailed my 2022 return on April 3, 2022 and observed it being picked up by the mailman. I should have received a $2069 refund. It appears that the IRS has not processed it yet.
Can you assist me in this matter? It is impossible to contact the IRS as thy don't list any way to contact them.
Thank you
Russell F. Underwood
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Delayed refund.

Sorry, TurboTax cannot intervene in this matter.  You will have to contact the IRS for the status of your tax return and any tax refund due you.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Delayed refund.

Sorry, TurboTax cannot intervene in this matter.  You will have to contact the IRS for the status of your tax return and any tax refund due you.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Delayed refund.

Thank you very much

Russell

Delayed refund.

IRS does have a telephone number.

If your 1040 shows a refund, the place to start is the REFUNDS page at www.irs.gov

@russellu 

Delayed refund.

The IRS does not share any information with TurboTax after a tax return has been filed, whether it  was e-filed or mailed in an envelope.  It takes the IRS much longer to process mailed returns, so even though you saw the mailman take it from your end, a human at the IRS has to open the envelope and enter the information into the system.   When they do that, you will be able to see information on the IRS refund site:

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2022 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies