Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Currently having issues submitting a document. I’ve submitted childcare information before for earlier in 2023 and now it’s not working. can someone please help me?

my kids switched daycares and I’m just trying to get the second Itemized receipt turned in and it’s and it’s giving me issues
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Currently having issues submitting a document. I’ve submitted childcare information before for earlier in 2023 and now it’s not working. can someone please help me?

Issues submitting a document where? Please provide more details.

Trying to add new documents to the Deductions & Credits portion of my taxes. I was able to add the documents for the daycare the my oldest went to before my youngest was born. Then I was able to find a daycare that had openings for both kids. And now for some reason when it gets to the question of “if i was a full time student, disabled, or none of the above“ to very if that I was working full time or whatever it either just keeps repeating that screen or sends me right back to the start after i click none of the above because I’m not disabled and I wasn’t a full time student. 

@houston6319 Have you entered any earned income from work on the tax return?  Either from wages reported on a W-2 or you have self-employment income?

No, not for 2023 yet, but again I was able to add the other documents with no issues. I filled in that information months ago just to get a head start. I’m now needing to add more information and it’s not allowing me to. I won’t get my W-2 til the end of January. If I have to wait til then then that’s fine, but I had no issues uploading the other set of documents several months ago and would like to get it all taken care of sooner rather than later

If you have not entered income you earned from working yet, you are not going to get the childcare credit.  Sometimes users start trying to work on that credit before they have entered their W-2's or 1099NEC's.   Make sure you have entered your income first.  If you are filing a joint return, you need to show income from both spouses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

And....if the income you enter is self-employment income that shows a loss, you will not be eligible for the childcare credit.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies