turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dunlach

Completed my return but then made a late amendment. But I am only able to download the return that had a smaller refund. what should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Completed my return but then made a late amendment. But I am only able to download the return that had a smaller refund. what should I do?

It sounds as if when you sign in to TurboTax, it is taking you to the screen where the return is complete and the Print Center selection does not show under My Account.  This is the best place to print the current return, in an amended state, or to see all the worksheets used in the return, so here is a workaround to use the Print Center.

Workaround

• When you sign in to your Overview and see Welcome Home on the left, scroll down past the download/print return button and click on Amend(change) return.  (We are not actually going to amend again, but we will use that selection to trick TurboTax into letting us back into the return.)
  • Click on the blue button Amend Using TurboTax Online
  • Do not click Continue!!!!
  • Your return is now open again and you can click on My Account in the blue bar
  • Click on Print Center
  • Print, Save, or Preview this year's return
  • Click on the little blue triangle in the box for the dropdown menu
  • You can select Forms filed with the government, but I recommend to select
  • Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets
  • and then click on Save to my computer

This way you will download a pdf of everything in the return and you can select which pages to print out on your printer.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

It sounds as if when you sign in to TurboTax, it is taking you to the screen where the return is complete and the Print Center selection does not show under My Account.  This is the best place to print the current return, in an amended state, or to see all the worksheets used in the return, so here is a workaround to use the Print Center.

Workaround

• When you sign in to your Overview and see Welcome Home on the left, scroll down past the download/print return button and click on Amend(change) return.  (We are not actually going to amend again, but we will use that selection to trick TurboTax into letting us back into the return.)
  • Click on the blue button Amend Using TurboTax Online
  • Do not click Continue!!!!
  • Your return is now open again and you can click on My Account in the blue bar
  • Click on Print Center
  • Print, Save, or Preview this year's return
  • Click on the little blue triangle in the box for the dropdown menu
  • You can select Forms filed with the government, but I recommend to select
  • Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets
  • and then click on Save to my computer

This way you will download a pdf of everything in the return and you can select which pages to print out on your printer.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies