Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

buly
Level 1

There's no self-employment walk-through in TT 2018 has it been removed? As self-employed I need to calculate it in previous years it was easy. Now impossible to find.

For the price I pay for TurboTax I actually expect it to "walk me through" it and not force me to come back here for instructions on how to step through the mish-mash of forms they present.  Also with confusing instructions, like:

"Enter the results here and on Schedule 4 (form 1040), line 57". . . then further down, "Deduction for one-half of self-employment tax" without any explanation of what that is all about.  I'm totally lost in a program that I paid over $100 for and which is supposed to make it easy by "walking me through it."

Of course, the original question still stands: Why isn't TurboTax actually walking me through the process?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
jensoot

There's no self-employment walk-through in TT 2018 has it been removed? As self-employed I need to calculate it in previous years it was easy. Now impossible to find.

Click FORMS in the upper right hand corner of your screen. This will bring up a list on the left side. At the top of this list, click OPEN FORM. In the TYPE A FORM NAME box, type self-employed or Schedule C. Select the form that pops up and click OPEN FORM. Look at your return from last year. Keep selecting and opening forms as needed. Good Luck. I used this procedure for Form 982 and there were about 6 others that went with it. MarshaR, Turbo Tax user
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies