ejhonda

Check legitimate resellers

Ran into a questionable reseller this week - TaxDealPro dot com.  They sent us a link to download TurboTax Premier (my wife bought it), and it was to a generic Google Drive account.  Checked their website for contact info and discovered the physical address in Buffalo, NY was non-existent, and when I called their 800 number I got a phone message for a business in Nebraska. Called PayPal to investigate it and it was reversed in about 2 hrs. Any way to confirm if they are indeed a scam?

Check legitimate resellers

I doubt that it is an authorized re-seller.  TurboTax distributes to dealers like Costco, Sam's, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Amazon (but not all Amazon dealers), etc.  They do not distribute to fly-by-night websites.  Beware of malware when not buying form a known re-seller.

Check legitimate resellers

We will report it for investigation, but I think you answered your own question. Legit sellers certainly don't use personal google drive accounts.  

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing