Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Changing Direct Deposit Number for Stimulus Check

Routing number is <removed>

Account number is [<removed>

I lost my job cause of covid 19 so had to close that account.   Thank u 

Bobbi 

@ Bobbinrondale 

You posted a lot of personal info in this public Internet forum.    This is a user community forum.   You should not post any personal info here.   Luckily it appears the forum privacy filter removed part of it for your protection, but some persists.  You can remove the rest by editing your comment.  To do that, click the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your comment and choose to Edit.   I'll also notify a Moderator to make sure it's removed.

someone went n my irs2go page and put there account number and there rounting number a got my check and irs did not help me sosomeone got 2200 dollars from I am trying to change direct depoit information or or they can send me paper check

SylasandDakota
Returning Member

You want to tell me how I can get it cuz I don't f****** know

New Account Number 

Routing Number - [social security number removed]

Account Number - [phone number removed]0

I Don’t Want To Have To Wait Weeks To Get The Stimulus , I Know A lot Of People Are Complaining You Guys Are Trying Your Best , abut I Been On The Phone For 2 Hours Waiting For someone To Pick Up 

@ZyClayton7  

Once a tax return has been filed the bank information cannot be changed.

When you file the 2020 federal tax return you can enter the bank routing and account number for a direct deposit of a federal tax refund in the File section of the TurboTax program.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

Go to this IRS website for bank account information - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#collapseCollapsible1609354...

Get My Payment will reflect the account information provided on your 2019 tax return, Non-Filer Registration, entered on Get My Payment before Dec. 22, 2020, or provided by a Federal Agency who issued benefits to you (Social Security Administration, Veteran Affairs, or Railroad Retirement Board).

Your payment information cannot be changed. If you don’t get a payment and you are eligible to receive one, it may be claimed on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.

EJExstrom

Since completing my tax returns I've got married in my bank account has changed as we have combined bank accounts..... What can I do to get my stimulus money as the bank account no longer exists

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

@EJExstrom

There is not a method for this round of payments to update bank account information or other personal data.  You will receive your payment in the form of a credit on your 2020 tax return when you file.  

In TurboTax, you will do this by answering the 2 questions about the stimulus payments that will appear at the end of the interview.  The questions are in the section Federal Review.  They are at the end of the interview so that TurboTax can be sure to calculate the correct payment amount due based on all of the factors in your tax return (income, number of dependents.)  

Once the information is entered you will see your refund increase or balance due decrease, and TurboTax will enter the amount of the credit on Line 30 of Form 1040 for you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I want to change now with my bank account information?? It was not work to open though a an online TurboTax linked account.  

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

There is not a method for the second round of stimulus payments to update bank account information or other personal data.  If you have not received the second stimulus payment, you will receive your payment in the form of a Rebate Recovery Credit on line 30 of your 2020 Federal tax return when you file.

TurboTax will compare your one or two stimulus payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax.  The computation within TurboTax is based upon the information that you have entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.

In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.

You can also access your stimulus check choices by following these steps:

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up.  Click on Let’s keep going.
  • At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  • At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries.

TurboTax will compare your two payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax.  

See also this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dioum302090
Returning Member

Update my Email address please in that’s the Old email irissadioum83gmail.com that’s a new email I want to know  [email address removed] 

@Dioum302090

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies